Zero Day Threats
A zero-day threat is a vulnerability that becomes known to the vendor on the same day it becomes known to the public, meaning IT assets targeted by a zero-day threat won’t have a patch available when it’s needed. However, zero-day attacks operate in a realm of the probable – they work only because there are exploitable vulnerabilities within IT systems. Many of these can, and should be prevented.
Vulnerability Management Service
The Dabble IT Managed Vulnerability Scanning service helps reduce your IT Systems’ available attack surface by proactively identifying vulnerabilities across your environment, prioritising them based on business impact and technical risk, and providing remediation guidance. The service includes world leading vulnerability assessment technology from Qualys which is tightly integrated with the Dabble cloud dashboard and is fully managed by Dabble’s team.
The Dabble Vulnerability Management Service comprises the following core components:
- Initial implementation including asset inventory and enrolment in Qualys service
- Monthly Qualys vulnerability scans
- Emailed monthly reports
- Dabble cloud based Security Portal
- Additional scans on demand to address exceptional security events
- Access to Dabble security team for ad-hoc assistance
How does the service work?
Dabble uses the industry-leading Qualys Cloud platform to ensure that vulnerability management scans are comprehensive and that the vulnerability database is up-to-date with the latest zero-day threats. As part of the service, Dabble will install and manage the Qualys Vulnerability Management technology.
Vulnerability management scans are undertaken on a monthly basis, forming an integral part of continuing patch management compliance. As part of the service, one additional scan per month can be undertaken to address exceptional security events as they occur.
The Qualys platform is tightly coupled with Dabble’s cloud based security portal providing access to detailed drill down information of vulnerability status. The Dabble security portal enables vulnerability management best practice by providing:
- Up to date database of vendor patches
- Analysis of missing patches including the severity level
- Identification of missing patches at the OS and application level
- Detailed drill-down access to vulnerability information
- Automated reporting for security and compliance
In addition, we will provide access to Dabble’s security team for assistance in vulnerability identification and patch management.